As a lab technician, you work out analysis methods, draw up and execute various experiments/analyses on radioactive samples in view of obtaining optimum research and analysis results. For this, you make use of various set-ups, techniques and equipment. More specifically, you are responsible for:
- sample preparation on (partly radioactive) samples: dissolution dilution, preparation of standards...
- conducting analyses with ICP-MS, high-resolution ICP-MS, HPLC and related techniques. Other analysis techniques are used for support purposes.
- in the longer run, co-developing suited analysis methods for ICP-MS and HR-ICP-MS in view of studying new or more efficient procedures.
- interpretation and reporting of results to laboratory and engineering supervisor.
- critical reflections about experiments and analyses. Consulting with team members within the department and with project leaders so as to obtain correct results.
- providing support to current and future projects, including support to other analysis techniques (a/o TIMS) to achieve accurate results.
- quality control and basic maintenance of research equipment.
- participating in a duty service rotation schedule, after consultations in the RCA group.
- ensuring the daily operations of the lab (checking and executing calibrations, placing orders, good housekeeping within the lab...). Observing the relevant environmental standards, safety measures, good housekeeping and quality instructions (including accreditations wherever needed).
To join this frontier, you'll need:
- minimum qualification: professional bachelor in chemistry, preferably specialised in analytical chemistry.
- prepared to work with radioactive samples in controlled and secured areas.
- prepared to combine routine analyses with method development activities.
- able to work independently, good organisational skills and committed to accurate work.
- critical mind.
- flexible attitude, committed to combine quality and quantity.
- team player and service-oriented.
- quality- and safety-conscious.
- practical knowledge of IT applications (Excel, Word...).
- fluent use of Dutch or English, knowledge of French is a bonus.
Contact Tomas Sergooris
014 33 83 09