- Assist in setting up the Information Security (IS) and risk management policies
- State-of-the-art technology
- Risk management, network technologies and ICT infrastructure of large enterprises
- Master’s degree (in an economic study area) with comprehensive ICT experience
Make your mark as our
Deputy Information Security Officer
SCK•CEN is among the leading research institutions in Belgium. Over 750 employees work every day on the development of peaceful applications of radioactivity. Our developments have already resulted in a long list of innovative and future-oriented medical, industrial and energy-related applications. Our expertise is globally recognised.
Within the “Security, Guarding and Access Control” unit, we are looking for a Deputy Information Security Officer (m/f).
You assist the Information Security Officer (ISO) in the further development of the Information Security policies and Information Security Risk Management. This is done in cooperation with the ICT department, the IMS department (Integrated Management System) and internal stakeholders.
You will be part of a team with about 10 colleagues.
The fields in which you will work:
• Final elaboration of templates and documents in connection with risks and risk-mitigating measures in the field of Information Security
• Drawing up Information Security procedures and instructions (a/o document encryption, classification...)
• Preparation, setting up and implementation of Information Security policies
• Conducting risk assessments and analyses, identifying and managing non-conformities
• Working with stakeholders for mapping, documenting and eliminating Information Security risks
• Identification, follow-up, documentation and handling of Information Security
To join this frontier, you'll need:
• Master's degree, preferably in an economic study area with comprehensive ICT experience (Applied Economics, Trade Engineer...) or in ICT-related studies with experience in management and process-oriented work procedures
• You have a good knowledge of the ISO 27000 series and risk management
• You have extensive experience in networking technologies and the typical IT infrastructure of large (industrial) companies
• You have good knowledge of techniques for authentication, logical access control, logging and monitoring, digital signatures, encryption...
• You know the typical IT threats and vulnerabilities
• You are proficient in MS-Office (templates, macros, etc.)
• You have knowledge of ITILv3 and network segmentation standards (IEC 62433, FIPS 800-52...)
• You have knowledge of typical ICT security tools (IDS, IPS, SIEM, Antivirus...)
• You’ve followed a course or obtained a Certificate in Information Security or Information Security Management
Your soft skills:
• You are a fluent communicator in Dutch and in English, both verbally and in writing; knowledge of French is an asset
• You are a good listener, are proficient in analysing problems and are able to translate complex concepts into understandable language
• You can work both autonomously and in a team
• You are proactive and are good in organising your workload
• You are able to think "corporate" and build a good rapport with internal stakeholders
• You are curious and eager to widen your professional knowledge
Contact: Patricia Van Pottelbergh, tel. 014 33 83 14