- develop the core loads of the world’s most all-round nuclear reactor
- increase the availability of the reactor
- master's degree in Engineering or in Physics is required
- contribute to a clean and safe future
Engineers will meet an interesting environment to apply their knowledge at SCK•CEN. And with a number of ambitious ongoing projects, like MYRHHA, NURA and RECUMO, we are looking to reinforce our team with determined engineers who want to turn innovative ideas into reality.
Any engineer that wants to design, construct and test unprecedented applications will find a home at SCK•CEN
Join a more
Your career path as an engineer
Design, construct, and test
As an engineer at SCK•CEN, you can oversee the entire development process and the implementation of innovative nuclear applications.
Experts in interdisciplinary research
Our engineers find themselves at the crossroad of interdisciplinary research, which, of course, leads to unprecedented collaborations. To stay on top of your respective field, you’ll receive continuing training sessions.
Build a better society
At SCK•CEN, you contribute to the development of nuclear applications that are economically, environmentally and socially sustainable in the long run.
We are looking for all kinds of engineering disciplines
At SCK•CEN, we welcome every aspect of engineering. Trained nuclear engineers work with controlled hot cells – assisted by a dedicated team of operators. Other types of engineers (electro-mechanics, thermal hydraulics, civil engineering, …) have the opportunity to design, construct and test unique applications throughout SCK•CEN.
Meet your colleagues
- Hands-on projects
- Specialised nuclear expertise
- Exciting engineering environment
Nuclear engineering and beyond
Bert Rossaert, Design Engineer
Civil engineers, industrial engineers, nuclear engineers,... We all like to be involved in various stages of a project. And that’s what you can do here, at SCK•CEN – from designing and testing to updates and maintenance. If you’re committed to our cause, the projects will always pay you back in satisfaction.
I’m proud to work here. We do things that only few people in the world can do.
The most exciting moment? When we have completed a nuclear test set up. Even though you’re absolutely sure you did everything right and everything has been stress-tested, the moment you press ‘start’ in a nuclear environment is something else. That adrenaline never goes away.
- design with your colleagues the safety design of the Myrrha reactor
- working in multidisciplinary teams
- international project with very ambitious objectives
- master's degree in Engineering Sciences required
- Deliver the design of beam intercepting devices/various beam dumps and the radiation shielding(s) surrounding these devices
- Define and implement the instrumentation and controls for the operation of these devices
- Integration with the accelerator equipment and the buildings
- Master Degree in (Industrial) Engineering (electromechanics, thermohydraulics ...)